Re: Fedora CI - installability gone wild, cannot dnf install base packages

Adam, again hank you.

I clicked too soon for the previous email.   With flatpack, I can launch aisleriot from the gui, but while in terminal mode, with the icon in the dash, no such luck.
No aisleriot with sudo dnf install aisleriot or with sudo dnf reinstall aisleriot

I am aware of grub install being version 0.5.  I have much trepidation of it not working right. Just today before responding (3 hrs ago) I did a fresh install of Fedora41.

After grub giving me the device selection, and my selecting the device, grub gives me three options.  (1) Automatic, for my tests, works A-1.

The second option shows me my previous partition assignments, but won't accept to properly handle btrfs partitions. We know we cannot reuse a btrfs partition, but must create a new one.  (No message re unable to reuse btrfs).

For the third option, via the submenu, I tried to rm via the option to delete selective partitions, it would tell me it was done, but then I was unable to assign new partitions. I dont know why it was waiting. I tried to backout and try a second time. No luck.

 This work had to be done in pre-preparation, before launching the installation.  I know your Mr  QA, and have the smarts to make fixes, but perhaps you can provide the delopper(s) with proof of my issues.

I am prepared to do once/day forward testing of the overnight stuff, if that will help you.

I am perhaps out of place, but focus on grub.

I mentioned option 3 to manually setup a partition where the submenu to choose format(partition/btrfs) with details if there is a mid-process correction attempted. You get a  lockup, forcing reboot.

Leslie
Again, thank you for your response. And by-the-way, the very latest grub2-mkconfig does indentify, but does not build the entry for Fedora40, or earlier Fedora release.  My bios allows me, on fresh boot, to do a drive select. I always use a full drive (4 such for testing, 2 nvme, 2 SSD).

Adam, many years ago I lived in Vancouver, on Spanish Banks, while I attended UBC. I know you live in Vancouver or suburb.  Enjoy a great province.

On Saturday, September 14, 2024 at 11:41:00 a.m. EDT, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 2024-09-14 at 03:33 +0000, Chen Chen wrote:
> I just made a PR on https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/glfw/pull-request/6
> Then the installability test failed because it got a 403 on "dnf install createrepo_c".
> https://artifacts.dev.testing-farm.io/ef6b74c1-7335-499c-a15a-c367b6dfa25a/
>
> Checked that the package indeed lives in el8
> > [root@sirius ~]# dnf info createrepo_c-libs
> > Last metadata expiration check: 2:04:56 ago on Sat 14 Sep 2024 09:11:34 AM CST.
> > Available Packages
> > Name : createrepo_c-libs
> > Version : 0.17.7
> > Release : 6.el8
> > Architecture : x86_64
> > Size : 115 k
> > Source : createrepo_c-0.17.7-6.el8.src.rpm
> > Repository : appstream
> > License : GPLv2+
> > Description : Libraries for applications using the createrepo_c library
> > : for easy manipulation with a repodata.
>
> and the URL from the log is not accessible from public Internet
> > wget https://composes.stream.centos.org/stream-8/production/latest-CentOS-Stream/compose/AppStream/x86_64/os/Packages/createrepo_c-0.17.7-6.el8.x86_64.rpm
> > Connecting to composes.stream.centos.org (composes.stream.centos.org)|2600:9000:271a:a800:16:bca0:9700:93a1|:443... connected.
> > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
> > 2024-09-14 11:23:04 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
>
> How can I trigger another CI run and whom should I report this problem to? testing-farm.io or CI group guys?

The problem is not in CI, it's in CentOS infra - that URL ought to work
fine but is currently 403. I've filed a ticket at
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/1495 , hopefully that will get it
resolved.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)