Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2024-09-10)

Dne 11. 09. 24 v 16:41 Fabio Valentini napsal(a):
On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 10:26 AM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can these reports not be wrapped to 80 lines or wrapped in a way the
wrapping respect the nesting? The wrapping makes them hard to read.

Thank for considering.
I assume you mean 80 columns, not 80 lines?

Ah, right. Sorry

In fact, the email as it was sent by me *was* automatically
line-wrapped (looks like 72 columns):
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/7VPWY72SYBMNURE7KNEMEK3RKPBV27X5/

Doing line-wrapping by hand instead of letting my mail client do this
would be a lot of work.

I'd appreciate if *my* email client had a chance to do the work and wrap as / if needed. If the formatting of your email client would be superior, I'd probably not complained, though.

I agree that it could look better ... but I don't know how to achieve
that without making it more work for the person who runs the meeting.

Not wrapping it when posting would be sufficient for me.

Here's the link to the pretty-formatted HTML minutes, they might be
more to your liking:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meeting_matrix_fedoraproject-org/2024-09-10/fesco.2024-09-10-17.02.html

Nice, but opening external links is not what I am up to. But yes, at least my browser can wrap the lines if needed. They are not wrapped in the original.

But as I can see your reply, it is also wrapped similarly to the original summary, so I am not sure. But looking into history, it seems that there is ~ 50:50 split between FESCo members who wrap and don't wrap summaries.

Vít

Fabio