Re: Updating xorg-x11-server

On 9/5/24 10:54 AM, Simone Caronni wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that we're really behind on xorg-x11-server releases (almost 3 years!) and that by rebasing we would drop tons of patches that have already been upstreamed during this time.

No one that is listed in the maintainer list of that package seems to have been active on it for quite some time, so I would like to step up (proven packager).

If there are no objections, I will create an update, make a few tests (also at work, where we have plenty of legacy X applications, different Nvidia drivers and any possible proprietary screen sharing solution to test) and then post an update with a long karma threshold for those karma farmers.

If there are no objections I will proceed starting from the current pull request that has been sitting there for a few months now.

Thanks,
--Simone

That sounds great!  Thanks for taking it on!

	Steve