Re: Build failure due to glib change

On 01/09/2024 23:26, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:

I can sort of understand the rationale behind that, but I'd like
someone who is more actively involved with C++ to give some advice if
this is something I should be reporting to the glib folks, or if I
should just change the writable string pointers to read-only in
text.cc and (hopefully) be done with it.

Change the pointers - you were essentially getting an accidental
cast from const char to char but logically speaking if the string
is const then advancing by one codepoint doesn't magically stop
it being const.

The new behaviour of glib is to preserve the constness of the
pointer as it advances which seems correct to me.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/