Re: SPDX Statistics - Montessori Edition

Dne 31. 08. 24 v 1:09 odp. Michael Schwendt napsal(a):
On Sat, 31 Aug 2024 12:42:48 +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

List by package maintainers is here

https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final-maintainers.txt

Well, both "audacious" and "audacious-plugins" are almost done, except
for the BSD variant they use for the core code. It is based on even further
simplified two clause BSD terms, and I don't know whether that classifies
as BSD-2-Clause:

I will provide general answer first and then answer specific for you.

You can discuss the legal topic in legal mailing list:

  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Questions "not sure if this is license A or B" is good topic.

If you think the license can be a new one - or if you simply prefer a issue tracker for your question - you can open issue at fedora-license-repo

    https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues

Richard does great job processing this issues. Sometimes Jilayne helps him, but otherwise she focuses on SPDX upstream work. If you are reading this and have a law degree (or at least background) then we appreciate joining this project as some issues are several months old.

// ----------
Copyright © 2001-2024 Audacious developers

When you want to determine what is the license, you can use one of these tools.

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/license-review-process/#_how_to_determine_if_a_license_or_exception_is_on_the_spdx_license_list

I personally prefer License-diff plugin for Firefox.

The plugin told me that the closest match is libutil-David-Nugent

  https://spdx.org/licenses/libutil-David-Nugent.html

or Brian-Gladman-2-Clause

  https://spdx.org/licenses/Brian-Gladman-2-Clause.html

but the differences are still big. My recommendation is to open issue

  https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues

and after initial review we will submit it to SPDX as a new license and assign it new ID.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys