Fedora London Meetup, maybe together with SuSE, interest? Thoughts?

I just would like to shift for a moment attention to a new opportunity that is on the rise.

Some of you already saw that we have now a local UK SIG and a Local London Meetup [1].

I am currently talking to people from SuSE in UK and there is interest to talk about making this a joint / neutral event in future to exchange and evolve, especially as they also have their Geeko Foundation here (shame on me, I didn't know that one before).

These events are to foster exchange and collaboration, knowledge creation and knowledge transfer, to connect those who are yet unconnected by shifting the emphasis of "who joins" from separations like "kernel" and "UX" to "people in London", but also to socialize and have fun. It's not limited to any technical or non-technical aspects (it might also serve to better connect these two sides).

I co-organize this along with Ankur Sinha and Hank Lee.

I put this here as the technical sides of Fedora are sometimes under-represented on Discourse given their emphasis on the devel mailing list. In case there is some interest, feel free to let us know your thoughts in our Matrix Channel [2], in the current topic for the 3rd London Meetup [3] (hopefully, soon no longer just "Fedora only" London Meetup), or in the related topic to include other communities in future [4] (but I guess [4] will be mostly embedded in [3] anyway).

Chris

[1] https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/london-meetup-2024/
[2] https://chat.fedoraproject.org/#/room/#region-uk:fedoraproject.org
[3] https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/3rd-local-london-meetup-this-time-maybe-with-some-presentations-dicussions-in-advance-but-in-any-case-chats-in-the-pub-afterwards/127961