Re: Fedora Mass Rebuild 41 has completed

Am Di., 30. Juli 2024 um 12:47 Uhr schrieb Alexander Ploumistos
<alex.ploumistos@xxxxxxxxx>:

> One month ago, input-remapper was rebuilt for Python 3.13:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=2480729
>
> The build was successful, even though in the build log there are some
> "Logging errors" and the probably related:
> FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/tmp/input-remapper-testllncc3yd/logger-test'
>
> Yesterday, a bug was opened for input-remapper, because it failed to
> build during the mass rebuild:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=120676608
>
> I couldn't find some error other than the ones already mentioned, so I
> did a scratch build, which was successful:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=121240398
>
> A subsequent normal build failed again:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=121240438
>
> Yet another one completed successfully:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=121240726
>

> If someone has the time to spare, could you please take a look and let
> me know if there's something that needs fixing/tweaking on my side?

The breaking tests inject an event, then wait 0.1s and then read an
event. The fail because there is no event to read ("list index out of
range"). This looks like a timing problem,

0.1s should be plenty time for that event to trickle down. Also note
that the failing test happened when your noarch package was run on
s390x, the successful runs were on other arches. This smells a lot
like other timing problems on s390x. Do they get halted occasionally
with clocks still running? I dunno.

input-remapper's tests should probably wait for event, not just time
passed, with a safety-timeout. But that's an upstream issue.

Michael