[Heads up]: python-PyGithub major update coming to rawhide soon

Hi,

PyGithub will be updated to 2.3.0 in rawhide soon. This is a major update and according to upstream's changelog [1] it comes with breaking changes. The first update containing breaking changes is 1.59.0. We are currently on 1.58.2.

Please take a look yourself if it affects your package.

I did a preliminary smoke test in Copr [2] and none of the dependent packages broke. Of course, some issues may only reveal themselves once the packages are being used with PyGithub 2.3.0.

The update is required by Spyder, which I will be updating to version 6.0.0b3 at the same time. Ideally, I would like to update F40 to the same release. But for that to happen, I need to be sure that PyGithub 2.3.0 does not cause any trouble for packages depending on it.

Strictly speaking, major updates should be avoided within stable releases. But since the set of dependent packages is rather small, I'd like to evaluate if it might be possible to get F40 updated as well.

Your feedback is welcome.

[1] https://github.com/PyGithub/PyGithub/blob/v2.3.0/doc/changes.rst
[2] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/gui1ty/pygithub/builds/

Cheers,