yum multi-lib dependency processing

It is my observation (fc5-devel), that when yum decides a package (B) that is installed in both i386 and x86_64 versions needs upgrading because of a dependancy on a newer version of package (B) by package (A) I'm telling yum to install, it will add only one (B.x86_64) to the update set, and then will complain about conflicting files when I tell it to go ahead.

On the other hand, if I tell yum explicitely to upgrate that multi-lib package (B), it correctly figures out that both need updating, and there are no conflicts.

So my question is, can we teach yum to upgrade both architectures when an upgrade of one is indicated as a side effect of the current transaction?

Thanks, Willem Riede.