Re: [SPDX] Mass license change AGPLv3 to AGPL-3.0-only

On 18. 07. 24 1:30, Neal Gompa wrote:
You are conflating license tag conversion with a license audit. Tag
conversion is explicitly*not*  an audit exercise.

No, I state the old GPL tags and the new GPL identifiers have different meanings.

This is not an audit, and we have never offered a guarantee of
accuracy. If you want the tags to be accurate, you need to evaluate
the package every time it is updated. And I know you do it for your
stuff, but we know not everyone does. And we do not have tooling to
help people audit their packages properly. We also do not have tooling
to validate audits in place either. The change to SPDX identifiers is
*not*  coupled to the "no effective licensing" thing. Those were
separate updates that happened at roughly the same time, but are
*still*  not coupled to each other.

I don't want to have this conversation here again. I won't change your mind.

However, I say that what FESCo approved is not what you are acting as-if FESCo approved. Do you at least see that?

--
Miro Hrončok