Re: SquashFS?

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 13:58 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> If we're talking about livecd FS components, I think we should also consider
> shadowfs, or something similar.  This looks _really_ interesting.

	That's basically what unionfs is.  In fact, the shadowfs project in gnu
hurd has been replaced by their unionfs project.  Translucent fs and ifs
[inheritance fs?] are other names for the same concept and were similar
projects with similar goals.  Some (ifs) have been abandoned while
unionfs seems very active in development.  There are several live cds
(Knoppix and several varients) which use unionfs already for mapping a
read/write ram storage and persistent storage over top of read-only file
systems.

	Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@xxxxxxxxxxxx