Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2024-07-16)

=====================================
# #meeting:fedoraproject.org: fesco
=====================================

Meeting started by @salimma:fedora.im at 2024-07-16 17:00:25

Meeting summary
---------------
* TOPIC: Init Process (@salimma:fedora.im, 17:00:53)
* TOPIC: #3232 Change: Mark Fedora KDE AArch64 as Release-Blocking
    * LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-kde/SIG/issue/543 (@conan_kudo:matrix.org, 17:07:10)
    * ACTION: Conan Kudo to reach out to the ARM SIG for their take on issue 3232 (@salimma:fedora.im, 17:13:20)
    * AGREED: Change: Mark Fedora KDE AArch64 as Release-Blocking (@salimma:fedora.im, 17:24:00)
    * INFO: change approved +7, 0, -0 and we agreed not to delay further waiting for the ARM SIG (@salimma:fedora.im, 17:24:26)
# TOPIC: #3238 Change: Nvidia Driver Installation with Secure Boot
    * AGREED: Change: Nvidia Driver Installation with Secure Boot (+6, 0, -2) (@salimma:fedora.im, 17:38:53)
    * INFO: while nobody is enthusiastic about this, the consensus among those who vote in favor is that waiting will just make things worse as we'll lag behind other distros, and the chance of swaying Nvidia is very minimal (@salimma:fedora.im, 17:39:25)
* TOPIC: #3230 Mass license change
    * AGREED: FESCo is in favor of standardizing on the SPDX format and understands that not all licenses are ready for direct conversion. Those licenses that are unreviewed or otherwise not yet fully compliant should be converted to SPDX licenses of the format LicenseRef-<something indicating Fedora legacy>-* where * is the old Fedora identifier. (+8, 1, -0) (@salimma:fedora.im, 18:02:48)
* TOPIC: #3235 Change: Fedora KDE Plasma Mobile
    * AGREED: Discussion of #3235 is deferred a week to make sure nirik and tdawson are around to discuss it (+7, 0, -0) (@salimma:fedora.im, 18:12:22)
    * INFO: nirik had to leave and can't discuss his objections and tdawson is not around this week (@salimma:fedora.im, 18:12:37)
* TOPIC: #3246 Change: Unprivileged Disk Management
    * REJECTED: #3246 Change: Unprivileged Disk Management (+0, 0, -7) (@salimma:fedora.im, 18:16:56)
* TOPIC: #3247 Change: Unprivileged System Flatpak Management
    * REJECTED: #3247 Change: Unprivileged System Flatpak Management (+0, 1, -6) (@salimma:fedora.im, 18:28:20)
* TOPIC: Open Floor (@salimma:fedora.im, 18:28:35)
    * ACTION: sgallagh to open a ticket to consider summary ideas more fully. (@sgallagh:fedora.im, 18:50:35)
    * AGREED: Move f41 mass branching and rest of schedule out a week (+7, 0, -0) (@salimma:fedora.im, 19:01:46)
* TOPIC: Next week's chair (@salimma:fedora.im, 19:01:58)
    * ACTION: zbyszek will chair next meeting (@salimma:fedora.im, 19:02:27)

Meeting ended at 2024-07-16 19:02:45

Open floor addendum: we discussed if/when generative AI tools can be
used to generate meeting summaries. The consensus is to not use it for
FESCo yet, and there are discussions of pros and cons for inclusion of
local solutions (need of powerful hardware vs non-native speakers) as
well as whether we should use cloud-based solutions like ChatGPT

Action items
------------
* Conan Kudo to reach out to the ARM SIG for their take on issue 3232
* sgallagh to open a ticket to consider summary ideas more fully.
* zbyszek will chair next meeting

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* @salimma:fedora.im (198)