Re: aarch64 iso images - can we link the Everything installer?

On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 17:19, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2024-07-16 at 09:28 +0200, Adam Samalik wrote:
> I noticed we're no longer link to aarch64 isos:
> https://fedoraproject.org/spins/kde/download
> Not even for Workstation: https://fedoraproject.org/workstation/download
>
> I heard it failed to build. Fair enough.
>
> But the Everything installer iso for aarch64 works fine, we just don't seem
> to link it from anywhere:
> https://mirror.serverion.com/fedora/releases/40/Everything/aarch64/iso/
>
> Can we link it from the website?

We do. It's at https://alt.fedoraproject.org/alt/ , fourth from the
bottom of the aarch64 list. (Unless someone added it since you wrote
your mail).

Oh I see!

I started at https://fedoraproject.org/ and hovered my mouse over Get Fedora
at the top. It's nowhere there.

Then the page itself lists the Editions again, then Atomic Desktops, Spins,
and Labs underneath it. And there's also Alt Downloads! But my brain just
skipped that because I somehow thought it's the same thing like the
Get Fedora menu, just in a different format.

And when I scrolled all the way down, there's again (third time) Editions,
Atomic Desktops, Spins, and Labs. But also no Alt Downloads.

So it's hidden right in the middle, in one of the three places we list all
the things.

So I have two proposals:

1) Can we include Alt Downloads, somehow, in the other two places?
That's the Get Fedora menu at the top, and the lists at the very bottom
of https://fedoraproject.org/

2) Can we additionally point to the Everything installer from the individual
pages that are missing the aarch64 iso? For example,
https://fedoraproject.org/spins/kde/download would say "we don't have
the aarch64 iso this time, sorry! But the Everything installer gets you there
just fine."

--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA