Re: whatcanidoforfedora.org is stale

Cristian Le wrote:
> > My opinion is that whatcanidoforfedora is nice visually and easy to
> navigate being just a few big font words and buttons, useful for people
> like me with short attention span to read small text. It gives a more
> general overview of what composes the Fedora ecosystem, rather than
> having the first step to be to create an account (no objection on having
> a link to WelcomeToFedora as the next steps there though).

See, your "easy" to navigate is my "tedious" to navigate.

I'm all for concise text and big fonts/buttons, but the whole eye-exam / one-at-a-time thumbs up/down presentation just feels like the height of wasting-my-time to slog through.

> I would prefer to just have the references updated. Not intuitive to
> find where they are defined, but I believe it's just:
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/asknot-ng/blob/b456a821873828bc02e7f804d46ba...

But personal opinions aside (as they will surely vary), it's not a matter of just updating the site once. Unless someone's going to commit to KEEPING it updated, it'll be out of date again within a year.

And having it sequestered off on a totally different site may enable it to live at that cool-if-it-was-2006 dedicated application URL, but it also sequesters the content and massively reduces the likelihood that it'll be kept current.