Re: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [comment] bind-9.18.26-2.fc41, chkconfig-1.28-2.fc41, and 55 more

adamwill wrote:
> 2. [KDE live image build fails](https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/2723244#step/_live_build/49) because of a file conflict - /usr/bin/fsck.hfs conflicts between hfsutils and hfsplus-tools

Hi maintainers of hfsutils and hfsplus-tools,

This is about the bin-sbin merge (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Unify_bin_and_sbin).
As noticed by AdamW, right now we have
  /usr/bin/fsck.hfs from hfsutils, and
  /usr/sbin/fsck.hfs from hfsplus-tools.
This worked so some extent before, but when /usr/sbin and /usr/bin
become one, the packages are not coinstallable.

My proposal: drop /usr/bin/fsck.hfs symlink from hfsutils.
It have no opion on which is better, but /usr/sbin is in the default $PATH
for root earlier than /usr/bin, so if both are installed, /usr/sbin/fsck.hfs
would normally be used.

Another option would be to make the packages Conflict, but that wouldn't solve
the KDE live image build fail, because it wants to install both packages.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/hfsutils/pull-request/2 implements
my proposal. The problem wasn't noticed before, but now it's blocking the
packages rebuilt for the merge from being pushed to rawhide, so we'll
need to figure out something quickly. If I don't hear otherwise, I'll merge
my PR to unblock things in rawhide. Sorry about the urgency, but this wasn't
noticed before and _some_ solution is needed quickly.

Zbyszek