Re: PR for rebuild and autochangelog

On 09-07-2024 17:22, David Bold wrote:
Sandro wrote:
On 09-07-2024 17:01, David Bold wrote:
Is it possible to have a PR without any code changes?
Is there an alternative, recommended way to ask for rebuilds?
Specifically in the case of %autorelease, you can bump the release with
an empty commit:
git commit --allow-empty -m 'Rebuild for ...'
-- Sandro

I have done that. I have also pushed to my fork. However, I cannot open a PR.
The button is greyed-out. I do not see any error, as to why it is not working.

In this case it seems petsc has already been rebuild, so a rebuild is not needed. However, I am still wondering how to open a PR in such a case?

Specifically, I have done:
# add empty commit
git commit --allow-empty -m 'rebuild for openmpi'
# push to fork
git push davidsch rawhide
# visit website [0]

And this is where I am stuck, I seem to be unable to open a PR. If I include a change, I can open a PR [1]

[0] https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/davidsch/rpms/petsc/diff/rawhide..rawhide
[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/davidsch/rpms/petsc/diff/rawhide..do-not-merge

Apologies. I misread. This seems to be a defect / bug in Pagure not allowing for a PR to be opened if the diff is empty as inferred by the alt text when hovering above the greyed out Create Pull Request button.

I think the only alternative is contacting the package maintainer(s) directly, asking them to bump and rebuild. Or, as Cristian suggested, working around it by adding something to the commit.

Personally, I'd prefer the former rather than the latter.

-- Sandro