Re: Flock to Fedora 2024 Schedule & Registration now live!

Is the registration link only for in person attendance?

Yes, this is for in-person attendees right now.

As the talks will be streamed live, will there be some way for people
watching the streams to ask questions, for example through chat? If so,
will registration be needed for this?

Sessions will be streamed on Fedora's Youtube channel. With regards to asking questions via chat (or other for online attendees), we had that feedback for Flock 2023 that it would be great to have online attendees be able to ask questions in a moderated way this year. I'm not sure if we have a mechanism for that worked out yet, so will look into it and get back to you with an answer. Same for whether online attendees need to register. Ill find out :)

For those who wish to attend in person, will an option be provided if
they do not want to be recorded on video?  For example if the room will
be recorded, will a portion of the room be designated a no photo zone
and will attendees be able to choose a lanyard/badge with a different
color/design to indicate they do not want their photos taken or to be
recorded.

That is a great observation for a 'no photo zone', and if it's not in the venue notes (we meet on Friday this week) I will make sure we have that on the agenda to see if this is a possibility or not.
For session recordings & streaming, I would say that the cameras are usually to the very back of the rooms on either the left or right hand side and focused on the speaker/stage area, so the side directly opposite the camera would be the best place to sit/stand for session attendees who are not comfortable with potentially being photographed or on the stream. You can see from last year's videos[1] that little to no attendees are captured on the videos so we expect the same this year.

With regards to lanyards, yes I believe there will be colour-coded stickers available for folks to put on their badge to indicate comfortability with photos/being approached/etc.

--

Aoife Moloney

Fedora Operations Architect

Fedora Project