Re: F42 Change Proposal: Opt-In Metrics for Fedora Workstation (system-wide)

On Sun, Jul 7 2024 at 03:43:15 AM +00:00:00, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you have a proposed wording for the
question that does not, itself, exhibit any
bias?

We don't have proposed wording yet. We should of course be reasonable and not write something misleading, but I think the question should be something along the lines of "help improve Fedora" (e.g. "Help improve Fedora by sending anonymous usage data" plus maybe "Fedora will never collect identifiable data"). The design of the question will be critical because if the acceptance rate is too low, then the project will fail and we're just going to be back here in a couple years debating once again whether to make the metrics opt-out to increase the acceptance rate. I'd rather get this right from the start so we don't sabotage ourselves.