Re: Reverse dependency query

On 24. 06. 24 23:27, Jerry James wrote:
On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 3:19 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This seems like the traditional "the SRPM was built on i686" problem.

If I click through to the buildSRPMFromSCM task, I arrive here:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=118928877

which says that task was executed on
buildvm-a64-24.iad2.fedoraproject.org, which is aarch64.  Are we using
that SRPM for the build only, then picking some random SRPM from the
build to promote?

Yes. Except I don't know if it's truly random.

Anyway, the SRPMs from buildSRPMFromSCM tasks do not have %generate_buildrequires results in them. Only the final SRPMs have them. To know which architecture the SRPM was built on, you can go to:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=2469158

Locate the task:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=118928836

Click the individual buildArch tasks and see only the i686 one has src.rpm in the Output section.

Alternatively, you can start at the same place:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=2469158

Locate the SRPM and click (info):

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=38863151

Go to Buildroot:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildrootinfo?buildrootID=51527189

Go to Component RPMs:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpmlist?buildrootID=51527189&type=component

See i686+noarch NVRs.

So ...`%ifarch %{java_arches}` evaluated to false when the source RPM
was generated?  Does that mean that other BuildRequires inside of
%ifarch might be hidden from such queries?  That would make the
queries less useful than I would like.

Correct.

So I can't rely
on fedrq or repoquery to give me a full list of reverse dependencies
when I check for impact of a version upgrade.  That's really, really
unfortunate.

You cannot. It is.

--
Miro Hrončok