Re: 2FA policy for provenpackagers is now active

On Пан, 24 чэр 2024, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 03:41:19PM +0200, Kilian Hanich via devel wrote:
1. You need to buy one (and not loose them). Sure, they aren't overly
expensive, but it's also not free.

If we decide that this is a good idea, we might be able to get funding to
distribute these to all proven packagers (and perhaps more).

BTW, the cheapest and verified to work with Fedora USB token I was able
to find is T2F2-NFC-Slim from Token2.eu:
https://www.token2.eu/shop/product/token2-t2f2-nfc-slim-fido2-u2f-and-totp-security-key

The company actually sponsored FIDO2 passkey support development for
FreeIPA by sending this token to me a year ago. It is still in active
daily use.

This token supports HOTP, TOTP, and FIDO2 operations, so it can be used
with Fedora Accounts today and in future, when Fedora infrastructure
upgrades to RHEL 9.4+, it will be able to handle FIDO2 passkey
authentication as well.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer