Re: F41 Change Proposal: Anaconda as native Wayland application (System Wide)

> > > I'm curious how my usual install workflow will be affected by
> > > this
> > > change.  I use the kickstart "vnc --connect" option extensively
> > > in my
> > > workflow; I may have a bunch of installs running in parallel, and
> > > they
> > > just connect and display when they are ready.  I use vinagre as
> > > the vnc
> > > client.
> > >
> > > It's not a huge thing; I could come up with another workflow but
> > > that's
> > > the one I've used since before Fedora existed.  The installs are
> > > fully
> > > automated and the display connection is only used so that I can
> > > see the
> > > progress and potentially interact with a machine if it encounters
> > > problem.  I guess in the worst case I could just do the install
> > > blind
> > > and ssh in if something takes too long.
>
> > Hi, the only change should be that you will change "vnc --connect"
> > with
> > the new API we will provide and also use RDP as your client instead
> > of VNC.
>
> Does RDP support this kind of "reverse connection" mode that VNC has?
> https://serverfault.com/questions/1100655/is-it-possible-to-make-a-reverse-rdp-connection-on-windows-server
> says not, which seems like a significant loss of functionality.
Yeah, I don't think this is really a thing in the RDP world as far as I
can tell.

Also, we are using GNOME remote desktop to provide the RDP access & its
remote desktop control tool (grdctl) does not seem to provide a way to
configure something like that:

https://www.mankier.com/1/grdctl

For the record, it does not seem to support the VNC connect mode as as
well.

I'm also not sure how well is VNC actually supported in GNOME remote
desktop, as IIRC it is not even exposed as an option in modern Fedora
Workstation options page - only RDP can be configured from there.