Re: [HEADS UP] Fedora 41 Python 3.13 rebuilds to start in a side tag (hopefully) next week

Hi,

On 6/6/24 12:41, Michael J Gruber wrote:
Hi there,
I'm somewhat confused by the two different coprs

@python/python3.13-b1
@python/python3.13

What is the role of which?

@python/python3.13 is the main copr used for the continuous Python rebuild since alpha1 and a testing bed for the package maintainers. As its environment rapidly changes, sometimes the obsolete package versions are pulled into the buildroot.

In order to simulate the current Fedora environment as close as possible, last week we created a python3.13-b1 copr - a testing repository to bootstrap Python (again) from scratch and make sure we haven't omitted something by accident.

I have a package (notmuch) which succeeds locally in mock (against
python 3.13) and in @python/python3.13 but fails in
@python/python3.13-b1. The failure is probably related to gdb (the
python module) usage in a test.

My guess is the "main" copr was still using some older package builds, while the python3.13-b1 only contains the newest versions and that exposed the issue in notmuch. We're currently rebuilding everything with Python 3.13.0~beta2 in the main copr and will know in a few hours whether notmuch is still affected.

@python/python3.13-b1 was used as a basis for bugzilla, it appears. (The
bz entry points to instructions which are not filled in, btw.)

Apologies for the inconsistent instructions, that's an oversight.

Cheers,
Karolina