Re: [Fedocal] Reminder meeting : ELN SIG

On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 1:22 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 7:15 PM Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> Looking forward to EPEL 10! More work for me, yay!
> Just a few questions - I would have looked them up in the meeting log,
> but it's not linked.

https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meeting_matrix_fedoraproject-org/2024-05-31/eln.2024-05-31-16.01.txt

I'm not sure why that wasn't part of the "minutes" output. Probably
worth looking into...

https://tiny.distro.builders/view--view-eln-extras.html

> >     * AGREED: We will mass-create empty branches for EPEL 10 and will
> > work towards a better solution for EPEL 11 (@sgallagh:fedora.im,
> > 16:51:54)
>
> I hope you will not create epel10 branches for *all* packages in Fedora.
> Which packages *will* get an epel10 branch auto-created?

This was the result of a discussion as to whether we should
pre-populate the branch contents. We settled on creating them as
empty. It's the same list as above.

> >     * INFO: Investigation topic: Drop ELN Extras in favor of starting
> > EPEL 11 soon after EPEL 10, backed by ELN until branching.
> > (@sgallagh:fedora.im, 16:56:06)
>
> This sounds great! ELN Extras has always been confusing to me.

The idea behind ELN Extras was to get an early preview of stuff that
people want in the next EPEL release. During the discussion today, we
decided that it might be easier to essentially just create EPEL N+1
earlier and take advantage of the ELN tooling and tagging. I'm going
to work up a proposal over the next week or so and send it out for
discussion.