Self-Introduction: Peter Pentchev

Hi,

My name is Peter Pentchev. I am a software developer who has been
wrangling computers since 1986 and free/libre-software OS's and
distributions since 1997 (Slackware and RedHat (way before RHEL) at
first, then a decade or two of FreeBSD, then a decade or two of Debian).
I have maintained packages for FreeBSD since the year 2000, for Debian
since 2004-2005, and (unofficially, in personal and vendor repositories)
for CentOS and RHEL since 2013.

My main interests lie in system and network programming, but I have
dabbled in almost all areas of software development over the years with
varying degrees of success. My longest programming experience is in C
and Perl, but lately I prefer a mixture of Rust, type-checked Python,
and, when absolutely necessary, very carefully written POSIX shell and
Bash. If my packager group application is accepted, I will try to
help several packaging teams within Fedora (Python, Perl, Rust, maybe
some other topic-based ones) and probably separately package some tools
that I use on a daily basis, some written by me, some by others.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for working on Fedora - it takes so
many different kinds of people doing so many different kinds of tasks to
create and maintain a working software distrubition!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@xxxxxxxxxxx roam@xxxxxxxxxx peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13