Re: Intention to retire mlocate

One thing I've noticed is that plocate behaves differently when
supplied with multiple arguments than mlocate. This broke some of my
scripts.

Previously, I had:

    locate rpm{old,new,save,orig,moved}
    # expands to locate rpmold rpmnew rpmsave rpmorig rpmmoved

But now, I need to do:

    for x in rpm{old,new,save,orig,moved}; do locate "$x"; done

The frustrating part is that it didn't even break in an obvious way.
It just ignored all the arguments after the first one, so it was only
searching for rpmold, and ignored all the others.

In this way (and perhaps only this way?), mlocate was better. plocate
should handle these arguments, or at least fail with a message letting
you know that it is ignoring the rest of the arguments.

--
Christopher