Smaller buildroot for Perl packages

Hi.

I might have an idea how to make building Perl packages faster and their buildroot a little bit smaller.

perl-devel depends on systemtap-sdt-devel and that package contains a single script written in Python and using pycparser. The single script bring python3-pycparser and therefore the whole Python with its standard library to the buildroot of all perl packages although (according to my testing) none of the packages needs it.

I've selected all packages build-requiring perl-devel but don't build-requiring python-devel directly - 520 in total. And from that number:

 7  faild to build for unrelated reasons
 3  packages have python3-devel in buildroot (different reasons than systempat-sdt-devel) 81  packages have python3-libs but not python3-devel (different reasons than systempat-sdt-devel)

and finally, the rest - 436 packages - builds fine without the python script in systemtap-sdt-devel and therefore without Python at all.

My idea is to split systemtap-sdt-devel into two packages: one with all the content but without the python script (/usr/bin/dtrace) and a new one containing only the mentioned script.

That would make buildroots for many packages smaller and their builds faster.

I also did a test rebuild of all packages directly build-requiring systemtap-sdt-devel and identified these packages that really need the dtrace script: glib2, sssd, qemu, python2.7, postgresql15, postgresql16, perl, php, mariadb10.11, and libvirt. Those would newly depend on a new package where we move the script to.

What do you think about this idea? Is it worth writing a Fedora change for it?

Have a nice day.
Lumír