Return-from-sleep display problems

For a while now, I've noticed that whenever Fedora returns from sleep,
the native display resolution for at least one of my monitors seems to
be missing, and my display settings get messed up for multiple
monitors. I have a laptop with 3:2 ratio (from frame.work) whose
native resolution is 2256x1504. That one is not the problem. Then, I
have 2 HDMI monitors that are FHD 1920x1080, and 1 DisplayPort USB-C
monitor that is also FHD 1920x1080 natively. However, whenever I
return from sleep, the DisplayPort USB-C monitor is limited to 59.89Hz
and 1440x900 (16:10, instead of 16:9 ratio). The only 16:9 ratio
resolution available is 1280x720. There are a couple of 4:3
resolutions, one 5:4 resolution, and two 16:10 resolutions available.
None of these are native to the display, though, so I have no idea why
Gnome display settings is suggesting these. In addition, the monitor
does not seem to be recognized as the same monitor that was plugged in
when the computer went to sleep, so not only is the resolution
changed, but the order moves around as well. Instead of being
configured to the left of the other monitors, as I have it configured,
it gets moved to in-between the two HDMI monitors (the laptop display
is 1, the one that gets mangled is 3, and the other two monitors are
identified as 2 and 4; my preferred order is from left-to-right
3-1-2-4, but it changes to 1-2-3-4). The only thing that seems to work
is to completely shut off the computer and reboot.

I've also previously tried different set-ups, including using 1 HDMI
port and 2 DisplayPort, and 3 HDMI connections. Those sometimes work
for a time, but then one of them inevitably stops working entirely,
and I have to change things around again. None of these problems exist
on Windows, so I know it's not the hardware. I have set the "Screen
Blank" option to "Never" in the power saving settings. However, when I
lock my screen, the displays still go blank and the displays sleep. I
have also tried various xrandr commands that are suggested on various
forums, to force the use of 1920x1080, but although those sometimes
seem to work from the command-line, GNOME seems completely unaffected,
and will not provide the option to use 1920x1080.

I think I can distill these numerous issues down to a few specific points:

1. Fedora is not preserving display settings before and after sleep,
2. Fedora's default list of resolutions when it fails to recognize a
monitor's native resolution does not include the most commonly
supported resolution of FHD 1920x1080 at 60Hz and instead makes a
separate list of resolutions available (and these don't seem
configurable and it's not clear where they are even coming from),
3. Fedora/GNOME does not provide an option to prevent displays from
sleeping to avoid these issues, when the screen is locked.

Of these, #1 is the main problem, whereas #2 and #3 might help work
around the problem, but are not currently available in Fedora.

Any suggestions welcome. Google'ing for a solution has worn me out...
numerous people have the same issue (not all in Fedora), but nobody
seems to have a solution that works for me.