Self Introduction: Jan André Reuter

Hey everyone,

I'd like to self introduce myself to the devel community.

My name is Jan, I'm 27 years old and working in the Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) at the Research Center Jülich as a software developer and researcher. I've started working at the Research Center back in 2015, initially as a part of the vocational training for a mathematical technical software developer and since 2018 as a researcher working on software for HPC systems (full time since 2020, after finishing my masters). In December 2022, I switched institutes and joined the Parallel Performance team at JSC to work on the open-source performance infrastructure Score-P and improve its support for OpenMP (mostly via the OpenMP Tools Interface), compilers, and accelerators in general.

My interests in general involve everything around HPC development and performance analysis, and (on a less work-focused level) PC hardware and board games.

After our last release mid March, I've noticed that the Fedora package of Score-P was a few versions behind the current one. As we update most of the available install methods ourselves (like EasyBuild/Spack), I was also interested in providing a newer version for Fedora. Therefore, I decided to learn a bit about the packaging and open a PR to update it to the latest release. I have still a lot to learn, but I'm eager to learn more about the packaging and everything around it.

You can find my first PRs down below:

- Update Score-P to v8.4: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/scorep/pull-request/1
- Update OPARI2 to v2.0.8: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/opari2/pull-request/1
- Fix for update, since Score-P requires libunwind-devel to be present: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/scorep/pull-request/2

In the long term, I'd love to help maintaining Score-P and its associated packages (OPARI2, Cube, Scalasca, OTF2) for Fedora, since our releases are often coupled together and I have close contact to the people working on these packages.

Jan

--
Jan André Reuter
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Stefan Müller
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht (Vorsitzende),
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Pieter Jansens, Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior