Re: F41 Change Proposal: Drop Mandatory Requires on JRE (system-wide)

Replying to some previous comments:

* OpenJDK 21 is the last version to support Java 8 AFAIK.
* Indeed it is possible to compile projects using the system JDK together with the -target + -source / --release flags. * In the spirit of "staying close to the upstream", the our (Maven) ecosystem does not touch the compilation flags unless the project can not be built using the system JDK. In that case we tend to override the selected version to the closest version supported by the system JDK. (See how moving to to OpenJDK 21 required adding these flags in majority of the failing builds.) * I am in favor of adding soft RPM constraints on the Java libraries regarding the bytecode version (like Recommends field) but this move is heavily dependent on what the OpenJDK Provides fields are. I heard there was evolution and some complex reasons why they decided to change the Provides. For this reason, I am not in favor of adding hard constraints (Requires) on Java packages.