Re: pipenv removal in F40

On 30. 04. 24 8:13, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
I vaguely remember that pipenv retirement was briefly discussed here on
the ML, yet I was surprised that F40 doesn't have pipenv anymore.

IMO, this would have been announced more prominently as a self contained
change, as I expect more python developers to find out this too late.

Well, the package was orphaned and later retired because nobody stepped up to take it. We don't usually file change proposals for package orphaning and neither we should -- packagers who do no longer have the resources to maintain a package rarely have resources to write documents about it.

If you wish to help, I guess you can send a pull request to the release notes...

Also, the official guide on
https://developer.fedoraproject.org/tech/languages/python/pipenv.html
should have been updated as well.

...or to this guide. (I agree it needs to be updated and/or removed.)

--
Miro Hrončok