Re: Thanks to my FESCo friends! ♥

On 26/04/2024 15.41, Major Hayden wrote:
Hey there,

I'm incredibly thankful for all of the support I've received while serving on the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) since Fedora 38 in 2022. So many of you have taught me so many things and given me so much valuable feedback. ♥️

With that said, I won't be nominating myself for the Fedora 40 election cycle.

I remember getting a ping from Ben Cotton on IRC back in 2022 when he suggested I run for FESCo. The immediate feeling was "I'm not worthy!"[0] and Ben didn't put up with that for long. He was incredibly encouraging and after asking a few other coworkers for advice, I decided to go for it!

If you're interested in running for a FESCo seat, *you should*. It's a tough job that requires you to combine your knowledge and experience along with a walk in someone else's shoes that wants to make a change.

You will work with awesome people.
You will learn plenty of new things.
You will make difficult choices.

All of this work will make Fedora, and its growing ecosystem, a little better than it was the day before. That's what makes it all worthwhile. 😉

I wish the Fedora 40 FESCo nominees all the best and thanks again to everyone who supported me along the way.

(And no, I'm not leaving Fedora. You can still expect plenty of mediocre changes from me in upcoming releases!) 😆

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne%27s_World_(film)

--
Major Hayden

Thank you for your service !!!