Re: Feedback wanted: Testing side-tag for switching dnf5 in Rawhide

Hi Jan,

On Thu Apr 25, 2024 at 07:42 +0200, Jan Kolarik wrote:
> We've prepared a side-tag for testing Rawhide with dnf5 as the default
> package manager. Instructions for installing the packages from the side-tag
> can be found at the following link [1].

> [1] https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2024-8a41ea93a2

Thank you for the announcement. I appreciate the oppurtunity to test the
update before it's pushed to rawhide.

This contains an update to dnf 5.2.0 which has breaking API changes. I did not
see these communicated anywhere and the Change Proposal did not mention that
the update would include a major version bump at the same time as the switch to
dnf5 as default. This update completely breaks fedrq due to the removed
methods. ansible, lorax, and osbuild also depend on libdnf5. Have these
applications had a chance to port to the new API? Would it be possible to
provide a testing Copr and a porting guide so API users can fix their software
before this is pushed to rawhide?

Best,
Maxwell