Re: Interest in taking ownership of unison package

> Am 25.04.2024 um 04:19 schrieb Matthew Krupcale <mkrupcale@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am interested in taking ownership of the unison package [1]. The most recent discussion on this topic of which I'm aware is from 2018-05 [2], which was attempting to bring all of the various unison versions [3-5] packaged in Fedora into a single spec file. That never happened, and those packages were retired in 2020-09.
>
> . . .
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Fedora Server WG would really appreciate your efforts very very much! Although we haven't been able to discuss this yet, of course, I'm very sure. Unison is currently a sadly missing building block when using Fedora Server as a file server.

I had mentally registered that the Unison project, originally started as a research project, had been abandoned to facilitate permanent use and that the Unison project had been discontinued. This is obviously wrong, fortunately. Even if the developer group is obviously very small.

I hope you are successful with this project. I would like to make Unison one of the  essential features of Fedora Server.

Peter

--
Peter Boy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy

Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST (UTC+2)

Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
Fedora Docs team contributor and board member
Java developer and enthusiast