Re: F41 Change Proposal: Fedora Miracle Spin (self-contained)

On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 04:57:40PM +0100, Aoife Moloney wrote:
> Wiki - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/FedoraMiracle

> {{package|miracle-wm}} is available in Fedora Linux 40, so it can be
> installed on top of something like the existing Sway spin and
> configured to reuse much of the tools used there.
>
> For Fedora Linux 41, once the spin is produced, people can download
> and try the experience intended to be released.

I applaud people trying out new window managers and doing stuff with
Fedora. But the overhead of creating and distributing a spin is quite
high… It seems that the contents of this spin would overlap very
strongly with Sway Spin. Would it make sense to combine them and
allow users to easily select one or the other? Even during boot, there
could be two boot menu entries and we could provide simple instructions
to switch between the desktops on an installed system.

Zbyszek