Re: Rust Stack Spring Cleaning - 2024 Edition

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 5:37 PM Davide Cavalca
<dcavalca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2024-04-11 06:26, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> > - dcavalca (33): rust-base-x, rust-benfred-read-process-memory,
> > rust-cap, rust-combine, rust-concolor, rust-cpc,
> > rust-curve25519-dalek, rust-custom_error, rust-escape_string,
> > rust-esphome, rust-exitfailure, rust-gmp-mpfr-sys, rust-hyperlocal,
> > rust-local-encoding, rust-local_ipaddress, rust-madvr_parse,
> > rust-memcached-rs, rust-minimad, rust-names, rust-netstat2,
> > rust-os-release, rust-pathsearch, rust-random, rust-rusttype,
> > rust-serde_bser, rust-smallstr, rust-rust-strict, rust-subprocess,
> > rust-temp_testdir, rust-termwiz, rust-tokio-compat, rust-typed-builder
>
> Some of these (e.g. rust-cpc, rust-names) publish binaries; it'd
> probably be good to exclude those from leaf cleanup (or bucket them
> separately, as it's not uncommon for packages with binaries to be
> leaves). The rest are part of various in-progress packaging efforts
> (e.g. termwiz is for wezterm) and I'd rather keep them around for
> another cycle while these move forward. Thanks!

Sorry about that, I thought I had excluded all packages that provide
applications, but apparently I missed some.
Though I don't think cpc and names were specifically packaged for
their executables, but as dependencies for something else?

As for termwiz / wezterm, do you plan to reopen / resubmit the package
review requests that have been stalled out?

Thanks,
Fabio