Re: Picking up protobuf

Hi Major,

On 4/18/24 13:25, Major Hayden wrote:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2024, at 21:51, Michel Lind wrote:
Hi all,

protobuf was recently orphaned without any announcement to this list.

I've picked it up since et depends on it.

Thanks for picking that up, Michel. I intended to mail the list yesterday and totally lost track of time. 🤦‍♂️

No worries! I was wondering who the previous maintainer was - the RHBZ overrides made it super confusing :)

The big challenge we had with protobuf is that updating it broke quite a few things built against the old version. But staying put with the same version led to problems with newer packages that were coming along day by day.

Yeah... it might be worth just upgrading in Rawhide and not touch the stable releases, as Sérgio suggested,
 unless there is an urgent security update? We should let maintainers of protobuf dependents chime in too.
Best regards,

--
 _o) Michel Lind
_( ) identities: https://keyoxide.org/5dce2e7e9c3b1cffd335c1d78b229d2f7ccc04f2