Re: F41 Change Proposal - Reproducible Package Builds (System-Wide)

Dne 15. 04. 24 v 11:10 Miroslav Suchý napsal(a):
Dne 13. 04. 24 v 1:16 odp. Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek napsal(a):
The proposal explicitly states that we don't want Perl in all buildroots.

How many seconds we save by NOT pulling Perl? Per each build? In total for whole release cycle?

I know that I have saved quite significant time every build.

Also having buildroot minimal also makes sure that we have correctly specified explicit dependencies, therefore making the builds more reproducible. IOW adding Perl back into the build root would be against the goal of this change proposal.

Vít

How many seconds we loose (lost) by refactoring the code? And syncing with Debian? Or even worse finding issues that Debian will find and we not?

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys