Re: convert everything to rpmautospec?

I think missing easy to use documentation is the most missing part of current rpmautospec package. Manual page does not exist, readme is in wrong package.

I have proposed to be able to include extra section just for changelog. I do not remember which exactly way was merged instead, there should be something use-able. But is not easy to find. Currently just first line is used as changelog entry. It might be skipped with special tag in commit, but that is nowhere to be found in documentation present with the package.

I think simple tags could be used to mark noteworthy changes only for releases. I think autospec is great, as it especially makes longer term pull requests easy to merge. Avoiding stupid conflict with changelog bumps. But I think there is still a lot to improve in usability part. For many packages without significant function changes it is just fine. Significant changes should be mentioned in updates or linked bugs, rather than commit messages. But problem is rawhide automatic updates contains just changelog and not really anything useful. I find it not easy to fill this part.

If the project contains changelog, I would recommend it as part of the package %doc files. It takes extra work to maintain one however. I would find it nice to generate nice looking update messages from commit, but current implementation is not sufficient IMO.

Nice looking references to upstream issues or release notes would be nice too.