Re: [Test-Announce] Re: Fedora 40 Candidate RC-1.12 Available Now! GRUB ISSUE

Yesterday, Nov10, a set of "Final candidate" for Fedora 40 was posted.  Adam  requested that we test it to the ends and make sure all is OK.
So, I suppose positively, that tomorrow, Friday, we will know if Fedora 40 is a go/nogo.

For me, as a single distro to be installed, it is ready to go. However, if you want a Gnome version on one drive, and a KDE version on a second drive, you may be out of luck.

The problem I am experiencing is with each produced grub menu, each seems to prevent two Fedoras 40's from being listed within the boot menu. Not with workstation, the first, or the boot menu of the second (KDE).

From the desktop computer bios, I see both devices listed, and yes, via the bios, I can boot the alternate Fedora40 version.  However, using the bios' presentation in order to select the Fedora Linux to boot is wrong!!

I would use RH's bugzilla to report this issue, but right now, the Fedora activity is heavily focused on videos, documentation, web pages... etc.

At this time, there is no "unlimited" number of people to provide Fedora 40 installation support. I will await post-install to see if grub.cfg can be less restrictive.

Leslie Satenstein

PS
My config
nvme0  Fedora39
nvme1  Fedora40 Gnome
sdax     Fedora KDE
sdbx     Non Fedora setup
sdc-sdf  Empty,Backups, and available 1tb drives.