Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)

Steve Cossette wrote:
> We essentially just want more visibility on the website, if that makes
> sense.

Back when I was still a KDE SIG member, whenever we brought that up with the
Websites Team, they would just point us to the Board (what is now the
Council), and the Board would point us back to the Websites Team. That
fingerpointing was very effective at preventing any change.

And the Websites Team has always been really creative at hiding the KDE Spin
the best they could, hiding it behind extra "Additional options" links in
fine print, even with a grayed-out "Spins" icon (looking as if they were
somehow unavailable), while having a huge "Download" button on the front
page immediately serving you a GNOME ISO for a default architecture (for a
long time i686 even though many people already actually wanted x86_64, then
x86_64 even while 32-bit was still supported) with no further confirmation.
Any reasonable Free Software project does not have the download link on the
front page serve directly an arbitrary file, but a download page with
explanations and a choice of download options, but the Fedora Websites Team
insisted that "'Download' means 'Download'" and that a button with a verb
must trigger an immediate action.

        Kevin Kofler