Re: F41 Change Proposal: Switch to DNF 5 (System-Wide)

Dne 26. 03. 24 v 8:02 Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek napsal(a):
On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 06:39:35AM +0100, Jan Kolarik wrote:
Previously, I had issues that migration from DNF4 to DNF5 left a lot of
data in /var/cache. How is this going to be addressed? I don't think it is
fair to leave those behind and waste disk space for regular users.

That's a good point. Though since this migration isn't entirely removing
dnf4 from the system but just altering the symlink, users can still access
it. Hence, automated removal isn't feasible. However, we could consider
offering a user prompt after the transaction involving symlink replacement,
advising users to delete /var/cache/dnf if they no longer intend to use
dnf4.
What about adding the scriptlet to remove /var/cache/dnf to the
dnf4 package? (That's how I understood the original ask.)

Maybe the "isn't entirely removingdnf4 from the system" is the root of the issue. Is this planned? Because in that case, the cache would be likely removed:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/dnf/blob/c7f6b4941a317bfde54b704e925152daecb17dda/f/dnf.spec#_292

Vít

Zbyszek