Re: SPDX Statistics - Book Smugglers edition

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 2:53 PM Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tomasz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Mar 2024 at 10:03, Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hot news:
>>
>>     The last phase has been announce https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SPDX_Licenses_Phase_4 and we will proceed when approved with FESCO.
>

> I think that generally you are wasting your man/hours posting such statistics.
> The same time could be used better by going with a few grep. sort, sed oneliers to co update and align all packages License: fields and commit all those changes across all per packages repos in a few minutes.
> Some of the proven packagers with RW access to all packages repos can apply necessary changes in a few tenths of minutes.
> Subject of SPDX migrations are already IIRC active since July 2022 (soon it will be two years anniversary).
> All those changes should not be applied relying on each package maintainers because that change is from Trival™️ class.

While I agree with some of what you're saying here, the problem is
that it is, in fact, *not trivial* in many cases.
Migrating the License tag from Callaway to SPDX identifiers is only
the "easy" part of the transition.
Re-reviewing package contents and re-classifying licenses is the
non-trivial part, and that definitely can't be scripted.

Fabio