Re: Feedback wanted - pruning old rawhide chroots in Copr

Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> What **you** would find as acceptable policy for pruning rawhide chroots?

As I mentioned several times, I already find the existing policy for pruning
EOL release chroots unacceptable (because deleting data must never be the
default – notifications can be and are still lost in spam filters, I still
do not ever get any notification from Copr! – and because the UI to extend
the lifetime follows dark patterns, requiring us to click separately for
every single chroot instead of having an "Extend all" button).

Instead of coming up with new aggressive pruning schemes, Copr really needs
to come up with a reasonable amount of storage to satisfy user demands. HDDs
in the multi-TB-range are available for fairly low budgets (extremely low by
the standards of a company like IBM), and it just takes 2 of them to build a
RAID 1 that is safe against data loss. Of course, that means that Copr needs
to stop locking itself into third-party cloud providers that charge
ridiculously high prices for storage.

        Kevin Kofler