temp symlink while building spec file?

Hi all-

Since Apple released Swift 5.9 it requires a previous version of Swift to build; it seems it can’t be built from scratch anymore just using the source. To make it more complicated, during compiling it’s expected that certain libraries are available specifically at /usr/lib/swift. In a container, I can symlink the necessary directory with “ln -s /usr/libexec/swift/5.8.1/lib/swift /usr/lib/swift” and Swift builds fine.

This doesn’t work with Mock and I’m trying to think of a way to build Swift without introducing more patches; I’ve been able to create a patch that changes the directory it’s looking for, but at the cost of compile errors later on.

Might anyone have a suggestion about what can be done within mock to minimize the changes needed to the source? I’m really hoping to avoid adding any more patches as I feel there’s already too many (8!) just to make it build successfully.

I was wondering if I could submit a newer version of 5.8.1 with the symlink as part of the rpm so that it would be available going forward. This seems like the “safest” option, but before doing that I was wondering if there was a specific thing that allows this in Mock that I’m just not aware of.

Thanks for any info!

Ron