Thank you.

See below

Leslie Satenstein

On Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 01:35:13 p.m. EST, kevin <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 09:15:18AM -0700, Jerry James wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 4:50 AM Tomas Hrcka <thrcka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This is not a good idea. Because of a few packages that are not rebuilding we would disable the hook for every push the script does.
>
> My thinking is that the hook is not useful for automated build scripts
> anyway, so disabling it doesn't hurt.  See my previous replies in this
> thread.

yeah...

* Current setup with the hook:
  Bunch of fonts don't even get touched by the mass rebuild
  Some other packages with problems caught by the hook also are
completely missed.

* With --no-verify:
  Bunch of fonts do rebuild in the mass rebuild
  Some packages with problems get a mass rebuild commit at least and
attempted build. It might fail, but it's at least tried.

The mass rebuild is only doing a bump/rebuild. There's no reason it
should ever cause something that be caught by the hook, and if it did,
it would be better for it to do the commit anyhow and cause a failed
build. IMHO.

So, I think we should run with --no-verify.

kevin