Re: dnsmasq default configuration changed

systemd-resolved is unfortunately known to broken. I would recommend having systemd-resolved forwarded to dnsmasq, which can then be forwarded further.

Dnsmasq does not break DNSSEC, systemd-resolved does. But this change should create conflict with systemd-resolved only in case it was improperly configured. In all other cases, it should work independently on the same machine just fine.

Anyway, dnsmasq will listen by default on 127.0.0.1, as every standard resolver does. You can use listen-address=127.0.0.53 if you like, but then it will conflict with systemd-resolved.