Re: Orphaning python-jupyter-collaboration and other related packages

Packages are now orphaned and ready to take over.

Have a nice day.

Lumír

On 1/10/24 14:21, Lumír Balhar wrote:
Hello.

I plan to orphan the following independent set of packages:

python-jupyter-collaboration
python-jupyter-server-fileid
python-jupyter-ydoc
python-ypy-websocket
python-y-py
rust-yrs
rust-lib0

I've packaged python-jupyter-collaboration to bring the real-time collaboration feature into Jupyter lab (like Google docs have). But now, they decided to switch to a different backend and the update of jupyter-ydoc and related components requires to package at least two new packages pycrdt and pycrdt-websocket and I don't have enought time for that.

Users of Jupyter Lab won't lose the real-time feature. If you want to use it, make sure you have the latest version of jupyterlab installed. The latest version makes it possible to install and use extensions from Python Package Index. Just run Jupyter lab, switch to extensions pane and install jupyter-collaboration and then, after a restart of jupyter lab, you have the same functionality as python3-jupyter-collaboration provides. Extensions are installed into $HOME/.local/lib/python… (same as pip install --user).

Rawhide: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=2343378
F39: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2024-4805f7aa89

Have a nice day.

Lumír