Re: SATA performance drop from FC4 to rawhide..?

Michel Salim wrote:
Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

I recently installed an FC4, complete with all updates. Everything works fine. My SATA disk is known as /dev/sda and hdparm t /dev/sda gives me around 56MB/sec. Then I decided to make this machine a rawhide test thingy so i disable all my repos and enable development and updates the whole thing...

Now my disk is called /dev/hda and hdparm -t /dev/hda gives ~3MB/sec.

My system is ICH5 based and loads the libata, ata_piix drivers.

Any feedback is welcome!

What does hdparm /dev/hda gives? Does "hdparm -c3 -d1" help?

- Michel

I didn't try -c, but hdparm -d /dev/hda throws an error indication that the ioctl is not implemented.

neither DMA or 32 bit transfers appear to be enabled when hdparm queries.

I can't get to the machine untill tomorrow, so all this is prob memory, still i know for a fact that it will not let DMA get enabled.

/Thomas