Re: Troubleshooting MD RAID assembly not working after upgrade to F39

On Wed, 27 Dec 2023 15:05:29 +0100
Sandro <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I could you use some help with ${SUBJECT}. I posted the details in
> discussion [1], but have yet to receive a response. I thought maybe
> folks on the list may have an idea.
>
> I'm kinda lost as to where this is going wrong. Feel free to reply
> either on discussion or here. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

This may be completely unrelated but I had a similar experience when
installing F39 on one of my machines with OS on SSD and data on
spinning rust with MDRAID volumes.

I'm in the habit of just specifying my two SSDs as devices to use in
the installer and then configuring everything else (mostly using
ansible) post-install. When I booted the new F39 (server) installation
and tried to set up the LVM arrays, most of them couldn't be found.
This turned out to be because the file /etc/lvm/devices/system.devices
was present, and contained only the devices I had specified in the
installer. This seemed to be new behaviour in Fedora 39.

This fix for this was to do this:
# vgimportdevices -a
# vgchange -ay

I was then able to access my MDRAID volumes.

Hopefully this can help somebody.

Regards, Paul.