Re: Troubleshooting MD RAID assembly not working after upgrade to F39

On 12/27/23 06:05, Sandro wrote:
I could you use some help with ${SUBJECT}. I posted the details in discussion [1], but have yet to receive a response. I thought maybe folks on the list may have an idea.

I'm kinda lost as to where this is going wrong. Feel free to reply either on discussion or here. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

I have a similar issue that happened when I upgraded to F38.
I have a mixed raid10 which is a 2 drive raid0 joined using raid1 with an nvme partition. For some reason, only one of the raid0 partitions gets put in the array automatically, so the boot fails. I have to manually re-assemble the raid0 and then the rest gets automatically assembled. There's also another raid1 array that doesn't have any issues.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'm not really asking for a solution at this point. I'm just wondering if there was some change starting in F38 that is causing weird raid issues like this. Maybe some sort of timing or ordering issue?

My metadata is all 1.2, so it's not that.